Provisional 2012 International Budget
Here is the way we plan to use the funds raised on Shambhala Day. It is set out in a way that we hope helps everyone see even more clearly than before what we will be investing in! Items introduced for the first time in 2011 and proposed for this coming year are marked NEW with the year.
1. Supporting the Sakyong and Sakyong Wangmo – $111,000
• Direct support to them throughout the year for their leadership, writing and teaching.
2. Sakyong and Sakyong Wangmo staff and court support – $375,294
• Sakyong and Court Staff Salaries: Secretary, Editor, Editorial and Media Assistant, Travel Coordinator, Kusung, Attendants, Machen.
• Cost for travel, communications and related expenses for the Sakyong and Sakyong Wangmo and the court staff who travel with them.
3. Support for Lamas – $22,200
• Lady Konchok & Lama Pegyal
4. Kalapa Council and Executive Director – $113,730
• President, Chagdzö – reimbursement of volunteer expenses
• NEW 2011: Full time Executive Director
• NEW 2011: Part time administrative assistant for Executive Director
• Governance Meetings
5. Acharyas and Shamhala Office of Practice & Education – $205,730
• NEW 2011: Full time salary and travel for the Kalapa Acharya
• Acharya meetings
• Full time salary for the Director of Practice and Education
• Two full time practice and education staff salaries
• NEW 2012: administrative support for acharyas with specialized portfolios
in Practice and Education
6. Dorje Kasung – $91,160
• Part time salary for the Kasung Kyi Khyap,
• NEW 2012:Full time salary for the Executive Officer
• Miscellaneous administrative expenses.
• Kasung Land loan at Dorje Denma Ling
7. Centre and Group Support, Communications, Publicity and Information Technology – $394,500
• NEW 2011: Full time salary for the Director of Centre and Group Support
• Salaries for the equivalent of 6 full time staff to develop and maintain our database, websites, Shambhala Times, and the Shambhala network, and to support our global international communications and online services
• Computers, servers and networks for Shambhala’s communications worldwide
• NEW 2012: International support for Multilingualism and Multiculturalism
• NEW 2012: International support for Young Sangha Development
8. Centre of the Mandala Properties – $242,300
• Halifax Court – Taxes, Insurance, Utilities, Maintenance and Mortgage payments
• Kalapa Valley
9. Finance and Development – $254,810
• Salaries for 3 full time and 3 half time staff, and fundraising expenses
10. Administrative costs – $230,445
• Legal, Insurance, Building Costs, Bank & Credit Card Processing Charges
What the International Budget means
Our provisional international budget for 2012 amounts to approximately 10% of our mandala’s total annual turnover (involving all centres, groups and major practice centres) of $19.1 million.
Half of our annual revenue comes in the form of regular monthly income. This includes monthly donations, revenue transfers from our land and city centres and Shambhala Europe, and revenue from international programs such as Warrior Assembly, Enlightened Society Assembly, Sacred World Assembly, and so on.
The other half comes from one-time donations from all our members around the world.